July 15, 2008

Chicken Babysitters

This week we've been hired to babysit our neighbors 3 chickens (names: Dixie, Ophelia, and Wyan). Our "payment" is 3 freshly laid eggs every day and hours of fun feeding, herding, petting, and fussing over the chickens.

Wyan (brown speckels with light orange head); Dixie (lighter orange): Ophelia (dark orange)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

oh my gosh....you are more daring than I would be....you get the nice neighbor award

Jill said...

seriously, i get a little nervous looking at mason holding that chicken. one false move and you're pecked! pey would be in heaven though.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of the kids and the chickens. Brings back a memory of Wendy & Rick (ages7 and 4) when we visited a relative of G. Jerry in ND on a farm. They had chickens and they chased the kids and they were pretty scared! We were on our way to Minn..These must be pretty tame. G Hines

MCS said...

Wow! Live chickens in your yard. That's crazy! I bet the kids had fun. Your neighbors are lucky to have you! I can only imagine how hard it is to find chickensitters in a city!