I lost the entire past week of my life suffering through a miserable case of strep throat. I haven't had strep since middle school, and, well, it sucks! I was worthless as a parent and spouse last week, spending most of my time sleeping, complaining that I couldn't swallow anything, or bundled in a pile of blankets to only still have the chills. I would not wish this on anyone!!!
So, today I'm posting about the weekend before I got sick. It was a great weekend - Saturday, Megan Simmons and her girls were in town, so we all gathered at Jill's house for playing, conversation, and lunch. It was great to see Megan, Jill, Kristi, and Ronette...and thanks to Jil for hosting a yummy lunch and a lovely afternoon together!
Kristi (Trask) Acoba; Jill (Trask) Raleigh; yours truly; Ronette (Korman) Simcox; Megan (Cox) Simmons
all of our wild kids!!!
Ava Simmons & Mason
On Sunday, we got up bright and early and went to the pumpkin patch. We did the usual - the kids played on the giant haystack; we took a hayride to the pumpkin fields, and each of us searched for our perfect pumpkin.
3 comments:
yeah! an update! so sorry you've been so sick, that is miserable! i hope you are feeling good as new!
Glad to see you back in the blog world...and feeling better. Sounds like you got it really bad.
Oh man, I woke up with a sore throat this morning and hope it's not strep. I swallowed a whole clove a garlic to help burn off the illness. We'll see if it works.
Great photos, great time, great kids, AWESOME Friends!!
Post a Comment